|Processes » Trials in General » The Competent Forum|
|§1. It is solely the right of the Roman Pontiff himself to judge in the cases mentioned in can. 1401:
1. those who hold the highest civil office of a state;
3. legates of the Apostolic See and, in penal cases, bishops;
4. other cases which he has called to his own judgment.
§2. A judge cannot review an act or instrument confirmed specifically (*in forma specifica*) by the Roman Pontiff without his prior mandate.
§3. Judgment of the following is reserved to the Roman Rota:
1. bishops in contentious matters, without prejudice to the prescript of can. 1419, §2;
2. an abbot primate or abbot superior of a monastic congregation and a supreme moderator of religious institutes of pontifical right;
3. dioceses or other physical or juridic ecclesiastical persons which do not have a superior below the Roman Pontiff.
Page generated in 0.0015 seconds.
Website code © 2020 (MIT License). Version 2.7.2 FAQ